WCG Presents The Winter Open
A Loose Grip Glima Tournament
(Viking era Wrestling)
@ All American Jiu Jitsu
5031 La Palma Ave La Palma CA 90623
Saturday January 18th Kids Tournament 10:30am
8-15 Years old
Sunday January 19th Adult Tournament 10:30am
16 years old and UP
All Weigh Ins will be at All American Jiu Jitsu
Kids Weigh In Friday Jan 17th 6:30pm or Saturday Jan 18th 10am
Adults Weigh In Friday Jan 17th 6:30pm or Sunday Jan 19th 10am
Registration for Kids: $30
Registration for Adults: $40
Registration for Adults: $40
No Spectator Fee! However space is limited.
Custom Drinking Horns will be given to the tournament champions!
Contact Briston Lowry for Payment 714-615-5163 or visit us at All American Jiu Jitsu.
West Coast Glima Rules
(Sport Loose Grip Glima)
1. Clean Takedown Win (any takedown including a snap down)
Fighter A throws Fighter B down to the ground and Fighter A remains standing. Fighter A wins.
2. Takedown Control and Escape Win
Fighter A throws Fighter B and both fighters go to the ground. Fighter A is then able to stand up and get out of arms reach of Fighter B while Fighter B is still on the ground. Fighter A wins.
3. Takedown Reversal and Escape Win
Fighter A throws Fighter B and both fighters go to the ground. Fighter B is then able get to a dominant position, Stand up, and get out of arms reach, while Fighter A is still on the ground. Fighter B wins.
4. Stay connected and the match continues (A downed fighter may take one lunge at opponent to recover a grip) Fighter A throws Fighter B to the ground. Fighter B then grabs ahold of Fighter A’s limb. Fighter B is scrambles to his feet while holding on to Fighter A’s limb. No one has won.
5. When both fighters simultaneously stand up the match continues
Both Fighters fall to the ground and are not connected. Both Fighters then stand up at the same time. No one has won.
6. The swift escape rule (must be facing the downed opponent to win)
Both Fighters fall to the ground and are not connected. Fighter A stands up faster than Fighter B,
Fighter A wins.
1. Turning your back to your opponent while not connected
2. Excessive Fleeing of your opponent
3. Intentionally spiking your opponent on his/her head
4. Biting, Pinching, Hair Pulling, Striking, Fish hooking, Eye Gouging, Attacking the fingers (Fighters may grab all of the fingers to break a grip), Joint locks, and Chokes.
Ultra Heavy 221 pounds and UP
Heavyweight 201-220 pounds
Light Heavy 181-200 pounds
Middleweight 161-180 pounds
Lightweight 160 pounds and BELOW
Fighters must wear shorts with a draw string or Judo/Jiu Jitsu pants.
Fighters must wear a T shirt or Rash-guard. (Female fighters who decide to wear a T shirt must wear a Sports Bra underneath)
Fighters must wear wrestling shoes on the mat or go barefoot.
Fighters may NOT wear jewelry or have anything in their pockets.
Optional gear: (Soft) Knee Pads or Knee Braces, Mouthpiece, and Cup.