St. John's Arena is a beautiful building that my father and grandfather used to take me to as a kid to watch OSU basketball, and is actually perfect for wrestling. Not a bad seat in the house and the home team had a solid showing though Kent St. is not necessarily a powerhouse. The evening started with the presentation of Logan Stieber's national championship banner (3 years running, looking for his fourth this season). The championship banners lined the north and south upper bowl and included some familiar names to fans of MMA; Mark Coleman & Kevin Randleman, as well as champions going back to 1940. Just a wonderful atmosphere to watch NCAA Collegiate wrestling.
- 179-0 in three years of HS wrestling
- Was taken down once in that span. (No, that is not a typo!! Has only been taken down one time in 179 matches!!!)
- Youngest Junior World Champion in 2013
- Returned in 2014 to bronze
- Undefeated in what is considered the top three toughest HS wrestling tournaments in the US.
|Wrestling champs before they "bulked up"|